Monday, August 3, 2015

August Pinterest Pick 3 Linky



www.inspiredowlscorner.blogspot.com
I am linking up again with the lovelies over at Pawsitively Teaching and Inspired Owl's Corner for the August Pinterest Pick 3 Linky!  Now, that is a mouth full!
 
My first favorite pin comes from Miss Squirrels over at Going Nutty with Miss Squirrels.  (The pic will take you to her website.)
She shared how she made her calendar pockets.  I too had tried paperclips, pins, velcro & even photo corners to add the date on the calendar.  None of them were great!  Since I was redoing the theme in my classroom it was the perfect time to try her tip.
http://goingnuttyinmisssquirrelsfirstgrade.blogspot.com/2012/08/easy-projects-for-class-decorating.html
First I made my own calendar - that took forever.  All the measuring, drawing, and tracing!  I made sure 2 calendar numbers would fit into a 4x6 pocket.
Once I had the board ready, I took 4x6 photo sleeves and fused them into 2 - 2 X3 pockets.  Then, adhered them to the board with photo tape.
Here is the finished calendar board ready for the first day of school.
My second pin came from Amie @ Simply in the Middle.  I absolutely loved the polka dots and the black back ground & the ribbon!   It just pops!
http://simplythemiddle.blogspot.com/2013/08/finally-my-room-tour.html
They say imitation is the best form of flattery.  Mine turned out almost identical.
(I now have 2 blue poms up since this picture was taken.)

 
Pin #3 comes from Jen in Sparkling n Second.
This is my only pin I have not made since seeing it.  I need to find a cheap set of these bowling pins.  Love the colors & I know the kiddos will love playing the game.  You can't have too many sight word activities.
 http://sparklinginsecondgrade.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/something-borrowed-series-meet-miss.html
I hope you've enjoyed my pins!  To check out more great pins, see below.



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I think your calendar is ADORABLE. The pockets are such a wonderful idea! I have been struggling with sticky tack for way too long now! The colors of your room are so bright and cheery!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Breanna Lodato’s Loves

    ReplyDelete
  2. That calendar idea is brilliant. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creations! I have a friend who bought a set of bowling pins at Toys R Us. Such a great idea! Thank you for sharing and linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete