Monday, July 9, 2012

Made It Monday

For the first time I am linking up with Tara @ 4th Grade Folics for the Monday Made It.
This is one of my two classroom libraries.  This library is organized by levels A-L.  The other is organized by theme & author.  I created new labels to match my Owl Theme.
Above and below, I used another owl clipart to create the numbers on their coat racks and on their book boxes for Daily 5.  


In an earlier post a few weeks ago you may have seen the picture of my word wall pieces.  I finally got it put up in my classroom today when I was at school for tutoring.
I covered 5 pizza pans from the Dollar Tree with scrapbook paper and added my Daily 5 labels.  Each number on the pan represents a round of Daily 5. 
.  
 I hang them up under my front bulletin board and Smartboard.
Each student will have 5 of these magnets with their student number on them.  Each color represents one of the Daily 5 choices.  If a student wants to go to Read to Self for round one, they would take their orange magnet and place it by the 1 on the Read to Self Pan.
Place Value manipulatives made from POOL NOODLES.  I saw this idea on one of Teacher Tipster's videos.  The kids are going to love using these.
Simple student work holders above and welcome owl banner below.

19 comments:

  1. Oh my good golly Tamera!!!! So many projects!!! You should have saved some for next week...lol!!! The owls everywhere are just too cute!!! I love everything!!! Manipulatives out of pool noodles...brilliant!!!! Thanks for linking up;))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny! I really thought about that, especially since I will be at the beach for a week. I am going to try sooo hard to stay off the computer. It is going to be hard..... "My name is Tamera and I am a blogaholic!"

      :) Tamera

      Delete
  2. I love your library! Very organized! :)
    TeachPrayLove

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the colors. I will post pics of the other library another day. I need new labels.
      :)
      Tamera

      Delete
  3. Are your book boxes ice cube containers??? Holy cleverness!!!

    A Pirates Life for Us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are ice cube containers - much cheaper!
      :)
      Tamera

      Delete
  4. Everything looks so great! I love the owl clipart that you used!

    Delighted in Second

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice Cube Containers! That's genius!! I love that idea & all of your owl craftivities. Great job!! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea to use the pizza pie pans! Your owls are super cute as well!


    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. Each day I develop an even deeper love for owls! So cute! I'm your newest follower:)
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! You've accomplished a lot. I love the owl theme.
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything is so cute! I really love the place value pool noodles. I am going to have to get me some and try it.

    Oh, and thanks for following me!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! Great job! Thanks for sharing. Great ideas. I love the pizza pans and magnets...

    Jennifer
    Lifelong Learning

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea with the pizza pans! Where did you get the book boxes at? Soooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything. Your owls are a"hoot". Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm doing an owl theme this year as well. Your pictures are too cute! What kind of container did you use for your leveled library? Also, are the labels you used on them available anywhere? Thanks for the help and for sharing your cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete