Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Early Friday Finds

I could NOT wait to share this on Friday!  (Not to mention I am having a minor in office surgery on Thursday & if I wait and post Friday who knows what it will say!)
One of my favorite things about First Grade is that they LOVE ME almost unconditionally.  They think I draw beautifully and sing like an American Idol.  Singing is not something I can do well, even a little.  Seriously, when dating my husband told me I sing like a "Cat in Heat!"  I know you may be asking why I still married him after that comment, but check out the last Monday Made It.  He is great in so many other ways. 
Another example, when my 3rd child was a toddler and I was rocking him to sleep, he actually said to me, "No, Mommy. Don't sing!"   
What do they know!?  
My firsties think I sing beautifully.

I am telling you this because I found the most hilarious book to sing to my firsties.  They are going to love it when I sing songs from ....
  
On Top of the Potty, by Alan Katz.  

The kids love his books because they are funny and set to the tune of classics like Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.
Be WARNED!
  This book has POTTY humor.  
But hey, we all go, don't we?

Here is a small teaser called

Tinkle, Tinkle on the Floor
(sung to Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star)

Tinkle, tinkle on the floor
That's what Bob did til age four
And he pooped on the den chair,
on the couch, or anywhere
He'd poop on your welcome mat,
On your swing, or on your cat.

I purchased I'm Gonna Like Me to use for Back to School,  
Cinderella Skeleton to add to my fairytale collection, and 
Does a Kangaroo Have a Mother Too? to go in my Eric Carle basket.  
I have heard so many wonderful things about Stranger in the Woods.  So, I bought it, too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment