This week alone, I have been told by my daughter and the custodian at school, "It is summer" and I needed to take a break! So, here is my attempt @ taking a break from school.....
Top Ten Reasons I LOVE FALL!
1. NO MORE 100 degree days. If I had it my way I would move where it is 70 - 75 degrees year round! I'm not in love with summer or winter. I don't like to get sun on my face and after one good snow and I am ready for spring. Give me nice, comfortable weather so I can wear bluejeans all day and a sweatshirt at night.
2. I can't think of a more beautiful time of the year. God's existence is certain when I look around at his beautiful artwork.
|Fancy Gap Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains|
3. I was born October 30, 1969 on my mother's 18th birthday. We were almost Halloween babies. Sharing a birthday with my mother has been a very special experience our whole lives.
|My mom and I (with my dad & sis) @ our last birthday party.|
4. Bonfires, smores, camping, oh my! Nothing is better than sitting @ a campground by the fire in the fall and eating smore's.
|My best friend & I camping. Can you see the s'more ingredients beside us?|
5. October 12th, 1991 I married my best friend @ the age of 21. We began dating when I was 14. This October 12th, we will celebrate 21 years of marriage.
6. October 29th, 2011. My husband and I renewed our vows at a little church we visited when we were dating. It was a small affair and we were joined by only a our closest family and friends. I have to say it was even more special than the first time. One of the groomsmen from our original wedding performed this ceremony and our children participated in it, also.
|The boys met my daughter halfway down the aisle and walked her to the alter.|
|Todd met me halfway down the aisle where we stopped for a few minutes listening to|
Clint Black's "When I Said I Do."
7. Halloween - who doesn't like to dress up & get free candy? Do I need to say more?
|Campground Trick Or Treating. That's one way to rack up on Candy!|
(The headless person is my daughter!)
8. Thanksgiving - family, mac & cheese, grandma's potato salad, pineapple dessert, green bean casserole .... I'm making myself hungry & it is past midnight.
9. FOOTBALL! I love football. I wanteded to play as a little girl, but dad refused. So, I fell in love with the Dallas Cowboys and have been a fan ever since. I am the one in the house who just purchased NFL SUNDAY TICKET so I could watch my favorite team every Sunday.
|Pictures from inside the Haunted House at the Fair!|