I am joining Mrs. Daniel for her When I was in.... Linky Party. Go check out her blog - Second Grade Sparkles and join in this fun linky.
I was one of the oldest in my class because of my Oct. 30th birthday (which I share with my mom). The cut off date for starting kindergarten was Oct. 15th. I missed it by 15 days.
So, in first grade I actually turned 7.
When I was in first grade...
- I loved school. I think that love started the minute I walked in to kindergarten and continues today.
- Desks were in rows! There was NO cooperative work.
- Handwriting was BIG and so was coloring!
- My teacher went on maternity leave and I had the best SUB ever who became my FAVORITE teacher of all time. See previous post.
- I cried on the last day of school because I didn't want to have the summer off! - crazy I know!
- Teachers were looked up to and respected. I was always on my best behavior wanting my teacher's approval.
This is me this summer on a very windy picture day on the beach! Almost all of our pictures have our eyes squinting from the wind or sun and our hair going everywhere. It was pretty much a flop. But I am generally the cameraman and don't have a lot of photos of myself.
I teach in the same school district where I went to elementary, middle and high school - just miles up the road from my elementary school.