Saturday, March 2, 2013

Blog Mess & Currently

If this is your first time visiting my blog, it does not generally look like this!

Two days ago I opened my webpage to find it was totally messed up with Photobucket images all over.   My wonderful blog designer Kenna checked into it and Photobucket said they were working on it.    It was gone yesterday & back again today!  UGGGH! 

I can't believe it is March already!  But I was happy to see the calendar turn.   This month holds...
my youngest turns 12 (mixed emotions)
Easter Break begins in a few short weeks

Not to mention, it is time for Currently again.  Thanks to Farley over at Oh Boy Fourth Grade for this monthly linky.


Listening:  to Bruno Mars CD  - love the mix of songs he has on his CDs.  Our first grades went to a play yesterday for the Little Mermaid.  The play ended with the Count on Me song.  It is going to be perfect for my son's Graduation CD.  "You can count on me like 1,2,3.  I'll be there.  And I know when I need it, I can count on you like 4,3,2.  You'll be there.  Cause that's what friends supposed to do.  OH yeah!"   Wouldn't that make a great classroom song too - for building community!!

Loving:  My wonderful hubby was sick last week (again!) but he got up out of bed long enough to get 4 tickets to see Kenny Chesney in May!   We did not go last year when he toured with Tim McGraw, even though I love them both!  I just couldn't justify spending $150 or more on 1 ticket when we are raising 3 kids.  2 with cars, and 1 in college.  I just couldn't do it!

Thinking:  Teenagers should come with instruction manuals!!  Can I get an AMEN?  I have 3 wonderful children, I really do!!  God has blessed me beyond measure.  There is just something about those teenage years that is meant to drive parents crazy.  I am sure my worries are minor compared to what they could be, but if I could turn back time I would so turn back to when my kiddos were 2, 8, and 10.  AND then I would hit the FREEZE button.  I miss having little ones in the house.  They are 11, 17, and 19 now!

Wanting:  to learn to relax.  My mom gave me a mani/pedi gift certificate for Christmas.  Have I used it?  NO!    I love to pedis, but to sit for a mani and a pedi - that is just too long.  Tried it once - kept counting the minutes til she was done with the mani!  

For Valentine's Day, my sweet hubby, got me a mani/pedi & a 1 hour massage!!!   It was very sweet of him.  He wants me to relax.  But doesn't he remember the one & only time I had an hour massage with him at this Swanky place?  He almost fell asleep and I kept worrying about what fat part she was massaging now and when would she be done.   I know I am a rare bird, but I just can't do it.  I can't sit still that long without a melatonin or something to knock me out!  

Needing:  to clean my house today!  But wait a minute, I am supposed to learn to relax.  Should I practice now?   NO.  With all 3 children & hubby home soon, I think I will make a list and get this house clean like nobody's business.  I hate clutter & it has taken over.  

Like:  Third Day - I love the lead singer's voice and almost all of their songs.  When I need to feel the emotions I am going through without pushing them under and hiding them behind all the 'stuff' I need to do, I will play their songs.
Love:  Teaching - I cannot imagine doing anything else with my life.  I can't imagine a more rewarding job.  I know I have lots I could complain about, or that could be fixed, but I wouldn't trade it for anything!
Hate:  Tattling - "Mrs. Wilson, Johhny called me a knucklehead!  Well, Lucy, are you a knucklehead?  No.  Then, why do you care what Johnny says? "

13 comments:

  1. Aww well I will def come back to see what your blog normally looks like!

    I have a T name too (though when I did the currently, I didn't read that part of the rules so I had to edit my blog post ahahah).

    I vote that you relax!

    Journey of a Substitute Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can never have too much chocolate!
      Hopefully, when you stop back by, it will be normal!
      :)
      Tamera

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you're having trouble with your blog! It's going around! I saw quite a few people having the same issues :( I hope you get it fixed soon.

    I admire you sooooo very much! In the way that I admire my own mom. I was NOT an easy teenager, I was sass filled and did what I wanted with no help from anyone except I expected to get what I wanted all the time. I was a mess and I've since repented!!!!!!!! So I know that 3 of me would of been a nightmare. Those kiddos are lucky to have you!

    Oh and start with a 30 minute massage--- it's super quick but does get you feeling relaxed!
    Have a great weekend :-)
    Brittany
    Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got teary eyed reading your comment. It hit home! I know this is a stage and as long as we don't give up, he will be just fine. Thank you for your words of encouragement!

      Wonder if they will let me exchange the hour massage for 2 thirty minute ones?

      Delete
    2. Oooooooh! Moms are so special and it took me a litttttttle while to realize just how much!

      And girl, they better let you!! It's the same thing and you need to get your relax on!

      :-)

      Delete
  3. Ha ha, I love the one about teenagers should come with a manual. I have a 13 year old so it's new territory in our household. LOL
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! I do love your Like, Love, Hate! I agree with all three! Is Third Day not the best? I love that voice, too! Such raw emotion!! I also love your teenager comment! That's funny! Happy Weekend!
    Laura
    Peace, Love, and First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tamera for visiting my blog! I love Farley's Currently as it leads to so many new bloggy friends. I read your comments about teenagers and laughed out loud because just this morning I read this in a book: "How many teenagers does it take to screw in a light bulb? One: She holds up the bulb and waits for the world to revolve around her?" It made me laugh and thankful that my kids are grown! Hope Kenny Chesney is terrific!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol,
      After a good laugh, I shared your joke with my teenage son. He grinned a goofy grin. Then he said it was illogical. "The earth rotates clockwise and you have to screw the lightbulb in the other way!" Of course, I had to go over the the light above the table and try it out. He was right. :):)
      :)
      Tamera
      MyHeartBelongsinFirst
      Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

      Delete
  6. Aw I am sorry your blog is so sad looking, but hey, it says it is because you're popular! :) Thanks for visiting my blog Tamera! I vote relax btw, especially since you are ahead of the game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omigosh, so much in common...We have three kiddos also. Our daughter will graduate college this year and we have two sons in high school. I'll give you a big AMEN on needing an instruction manual for teens. :) Enjoy your time with them though...you blink and they are graduating, *tear*. I also L.O.V.E. Bruno and I'm a teeny bit jealous that you have Kenny Chesney tickets. Please relax today, cleaning will wait. And book those spa treatments already!!!

    So glad you stopped by my blog. I feel like I know you already! A proud new follower!
    Wendy

    Read with Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Third Day! We got a chance to see them in concert here in Atlanta last year, it was an amazing experience. They will be here again in April but we don't have tickets :(
    Hope you get your blog fixed, I saw the same problem other places last week.

    Deanna
    A Primary Owl

    ReplyDelete