1. You must post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4. Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5. Let them know you've tagged them!
Fun Facts About Me!
- I met my husband when I was 14 @ the local skating rink.
- I cheered in elementary school, middle school, and high school. I made the squad in college but decided against it as we had no football team & I disliked basketball.
- I live in the same town where I grew up. All 3 of my children have or will graduate from my high school!
- I once had a high school teacher get on his hands and knees & ask me to run for School Office. I did & I won! Loved being involved in my school
- I love to dress up & do crazy things at school. I have been Captain Underpants, Cat n the Hat, and the Paper Bag Princess to name a few.
- I was born on my mother's 18th birthday.
- I love to camp in a camper - no tent. We sold our camper a few years ago & I miss it soo much. Plan to get one again sometime - once kids are out of college.
- If I weren't a teacher, I would probably work in a nursing home as an event person.
- When I was in elementary school I wanted to be a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader or a Vet.
- I am a Scrapbook Collector right now. I used to be an Addict, but haven't scrapbooked much since I went back to school to get my masters. I miss it.
- I have always wanted to go to the old Texas stadium and stand in the star & have my photo taken.
- I would love to travel route 66 one summer.
- What's your favorite season? Fall. I love the colors and the cool weather & Halloween since my birthday is the day before.
- What's your favorite book? One that has always stayed with me since high school: They Cage the Animals at Night
- What's your favorite TV show? Grey's Anatomy
- How do you celebrate March is reading month? I love to celebrate with "Author Tents if the weather is nice. Students are divided into small groups and rotate among tents. Each tent is devoted to one author.
- Do you live close to your school (work)? 5 minutes. :)
- What's your favorite thing to teach? reading groups
- How do you track student progress? charts, charts, charts - with color codes
- How do you use technology in the classroom? I was turned on to technology in the classroom a few years ago in grad school. If it is neat and educational, I don't mind giving it a try in my classroom. (Smartboard, individual blogs, MP3 players, ipad (soon), Raz-kids, xtranormal, skype, podcasting, videos, photography, webquests, and more)
- Do you use Accelerated Reader? How do you reward kids for points if you do? We do not use AR at our school anymore.
- Do you play sports? what? I used to play softball, run track, and cheer. I don't do any of that anymore. :( I like kickboxing and Zumba.
- How much time do you spend doing your hair each morning? No hair products at all - straighten it mostly with curling iron or flat iron. I don't have the patience to do much more.
- Whats your favorite memory from high school? Powder Puff Football where I finally got to play football & scored a TD. I always wanted to play football, but my dad would NOT let me. I had tons of school spirit.
- Besides teaching, what is your hobby?
- Did you always want to be a teacher? If not, what?
- What is your go to meal if you are feeling too tired to be creative?
- How many kids do you have? pets? married?
- What is a pet peeve of yours in the classroom?
- What is the one (or 2) classroom supplies you couldn't do without?
- In what state do you teach? Is your school using Common Core this year?
- Favorite Sports Team, if any?
- How many states have you lived in? Which ones?
- Favorite tv show you hate to admit you watch?
- Favorite candy?
- One thing on your bucket list.