Teach Like a Pirate, by Dave Burgess, promises to help you increase student engagement, boost your creativity, and transform your life as an educator. Part I of the book is called Teach Like a Pirate. It is broken down into six chapters - one for each letter of the word Pirate. Chapter 1 is for P - Passion.
- Content Passion
- What part of your curriculum are you passionate about?
- What part do you most enjoy teaching?
- Professional Passion
- What are you passionate about in your profession?
- What drives you?
- Personal Passion
- What are you passionate about outside of the classroom?
- Can you bring that passion into the classroom every now and then?
I also incorporate scrapbooking into my classroom when I can. Most often we use photographs and journaling to capture special events in our classroom. I have had students create a scrapbook page as an end of year project and craft Mother's Day presents. These lessons are fun for them and fun for me! I get to share another passion of mine.
Be an educator with passion! If you are, you will become contagious! It is a drug!