Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Amazon Rewards & Update

If you are a teacher, you're missing out if you don't have an Amazon Credit Card.  I signed up for my card at the beginning of June & in 2 months I have gotten over $85 in credit.   I get 

  • 3x the points for using my card @ Amazon.  
  • 2x the points for gas & groceries
  • 1x the points for everything else

This month I had enough points for $55.  What did I buy?  Books of course!

I had to purchase Chewy Louie because I made a text to self connection.  I think Howie Schneider must have been the first owner of my dog Cooper.  When I got to the page where Chewy Louie chewed up the back porch, I laughed out loud (and this was just hours after my lithotripsy) because currently my porch is ALL chewed up!
Patricia Polacco is one of my favorite authors so I always try to pick up more of her books.   If you don't mind crying in front of your class, you will love this book.  Miss Wichelman teaches her students that when life gives you lemons, add water and a little sugar to make lemonade.  In the end, her students help her remember the same.
In this book, my Firsties will learn big words like cooperate, respect, and patience in an engaging way with rhyming text.  The pictures are busy and fun to explore.
You have to add this book to your fairy tale collection.  Baby Bear tells you what "really happened" when Goldilocks broke into his house.
       
And finally, I purchased these 3 books for my measurement unit. 

--------------------------
After 1 trip to the emergency room, 1 trip to medical park for a stent, and 1 trip to the Stone Center I may be on the mend.  My 6mm stone has now been blasted.  It is amazing how something so small can hurt so much and cause so much trouble.  
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.





Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! My husband gets stones frequently! My heart and prayers go out to you! I love your book choices. Don't read The Lemonade Club without A BOX of Kleenex!
    Jenny
    Owl Things First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better:) Thanks for the book picks suggestions. Some will be new members of my library. Thinking I will start with The Lemonade Club and Big Words for Little People!

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete