Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Next Year, I Will ....

I am linking up with Finding Joy in 6th Grade for a linky party dedicated to reflecting on this year and making changes for the next!
Here are just a few of mine:
I think it is important to have a family meeting time to build community and set goals for the week.  A follow up meeting on Friday allows for reflection and celebration.
As a student, I LOVED math!  I mean "did the even problems" just for fun LOVED math!
Now, I love making math centers for my kiddos.  BUT...
 As a math teacher, in recent years, I have struggled to feel competent in this area!  
I want to have a REAL Math Workshop with mini-lesson followed by small groups, but I just can't seem to get it right!  I always start out with great intentions and then flub up.
Last summer, I read Guided Math and was sure I had it!
Wrong-O!
So, this summer I am going to joining another math book study looking for help!
Another part of math that I really want to incorporate daily is NUMBER TALKS.  I have used it off and on for the past 2 years and my students really love it.  My problem is at some point during the year I get bogged down with the pressures of getting to all the common core objectives and assessments that Number Talks gets put on the back burner.  I dust if off every now and then, but NEXT year, I will definitely incorporate it daily!
Something isn't right when I have more homework than my High School Junior!
I must learn to bring home less homework and  find a balance in my life.  
It will be my son's Senior Year and I intend to soak up every minute
 AND 
cheer his football team all the way to the state championship!
I need to replace my "School is my hobby" mentality with my real hobby - scrapbooking!
I really, really, LOVE my job, but it shouldn't be my hobby!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment